falling snow

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ev'ry Morning is Easter Morning


"Ev'ry morning is Easter morning from now on!
Ev'ry day's resurrection day, the past is over and gone!
Good-bye guilt, good-bye fear, good riddance! Hello Lord, Hello sun!
I am one of the Easter people! My new life has begun!"

I remember singing this song in church on Easter morning and then for several following Sundays. With the exception of, "Morning Has Broken," it is one of my favorites for springtime! Written by Richard Avery and Donald Marsh in 1967, one cannot help but feel a spirit of hope and renewal when singing this uplifting tune.

Ahhh, Spring must be on its way since today is Easter Sunday. It's a perfectly beautiful, warm Spring day here and the screen door is open. Winter, however, hasn't decided to take her leave just yet - a mix of rain and snow is predicted for tomorrow!

When I saw the stamp set, "Easter Blessings" from The Craft's Meow, I fell in love with the beautiful script fonts, sentiments, and silhouette spring animals. I can imagine using this set for a variety of Spring cards. After I made the first card, I decided to make three more, each one using a different color ribbon and base - I do enjoy changing things up a bit!

I rarely wind up with a card that qualifies for clean and simple (CAS), but I think I managed to stop before it was too late this time - I enjoy adding too many embellishments, and before I know it, CAS has been replaced with all kinds of things! I am still wondering if a sprinkling of gemstones or pearls might have been nice. See, there I go...


Since this week's cue card at Casology is "hope," I am entering this design in their challenge. The message of hope is included on the inside sentiment, and Easter is the representation of hope and renewal, of all things made new.

Here are the pastel creations all lined up in a row. Just looking at these colors together has me thinking about flowers to plant in the baskets next month; the one for the front porch just may have to be entirely pastels with some lacy ferns and baby's breath mixed in! 


Here are some individual photos along with a peek of the inside:





I pray for each of you a holy, blessed Easter, filled with the renewal and hope this day brings. May it be so. Happy Easter!


Materials: Paper: Neenah Solar White, Bazill Basics SeaWater, Hero Arts Carnation Layering Papers, PTI Lemon Tart; Ink: PTI Lemon Tart, Memento Angel Pink,Summer Sky and Dandelion, Versafine Black; Stamps: The Crafts Meow "Easter Blessings"; Other: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Martha Stewart Punch, Ribbon from the stash.

11 comments:

  1. Sally, I've never heard that song before - thank you!

    And I am so tickled to see your cards today using this TCM set! They are perfect Easter cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty cards, Sally! I love them! Happy Easter to you! He is risen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet stamp set. The images are perfect! I love the set with the different ribbon colours! The colours you chose are gorgeous! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally, what a beautiful Easter sentiment and song verse! Your cards are all so adorable, and wonderfully CAS! So glad you could join us with such lovely cards of hope this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic sentiment - love these pastel cards - they remind me that we didn't dye eggs this year (there goes my mother of the year award! lol!) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and a beautiful song, too. I have never heard it either, so thank you for sharing it. Today we sang He Lives and Christ Arose in church - both very meaningful on Easter and EVERY day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so happy to pop in at the attic and see those beautiful cards! I love that stamp set and the cards you have made with it. I had never heard that song and find it very inspiring. I am finishing off the Peeps and tomorrow, being a new day, will be the start of yet another weight loss attempt. Easter is a very special day, indeed!! Windows open here, too, in between the rainy spells.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter Sally (& family). I love seeing these gorgeous cards. Each one is just magnificent. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful song, sally. thank you for sharing it. your cards are lovely and the perfect expression of hope! thank you for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sally--what a wonderful set of cards you made! I love those stamps--may have to add some from that company now! Hope you had a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sally--just wanted you to know I am now the happy owner of this stamp set (& a few others!) thanks to seeing these wonderful cards. Couldn't resist the sale. I think you should get a commission!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by the Attic. I treasure your visits.