falling snow

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Valentine...

I'm running later than planned with posting this year's valentines, but better late than never, I suppose. A few unexpected occurrences the week of Valentine's Day (our refrigerator, already on its last leg, decided to completely fizzle three days before the new one was due to arrive) and a cold/flu last week that sent me scurrying beneath the covers for three days of solid nothingness (such an unusual occurrence here!) has meant that I'm just now playing catch up.

My friend requested I make a gift bag for her nephew for Christmas with an elephant on it. I used one of the cute elephants from WPlus9, "Unforgettable" and added a Santa hat diecut to make it a bit more festive. It was quite sparkly in real life with Diamond Stickles added to each of the snowflakes and the white trim on the hat. The "merry" was cut from DCWV green glitter paper.


I am sharing this bag because when it came time to think about Valentines, I knew just what I wanted to make for her.  I admit I do have a soft spot for cute animals, and when Birdie Brown's "Adorable Elephants" was finally in stock, it was destined to have a home in the Attic. Every now and then I design a valentine that has lots of layers and is specifically a "love" type of card. Usually I tend to gravitate toward valentine designs that can be remade for other occasions, often times with a simple sentiment. This is one such design, that by simply leaving off "valentine," could be sent for all types of reasons:



And inside, quite simply:


That she does. Every day. On all types of occasions, in all ways, and always! And she is loved!

Hugs,


Materials:
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White; SSS Sea Glass; Ranger Distress Watercolor Paper
Stamps: MFT "Adorable Elephants"
Dies: MFT "Stacked Cloud Edges"; TE "Frame in Frame"; ME "Happy Valentine's Day", "All Prettied Up"
        SSS "Stacked Hearts"
Ink: Peacock Feathers; Broken China; Versafine Onyx Black
Other: Prismacolor Pencils; Wink of Stella; Glossy Accents; SSS Asst'd Moonshine Sequins

2 comments:

  1. The gift bag is darling, Sally--so cute putting the santa hat on the elephant! Your Valentine is beautiful--love all the clouds & you're right--it'd be perfect for many occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, your gift bag is adorable, I love that little elephant. What a great idea putting on the Santa hat. I will have to remember that. Your Valentine is swoon worth sweet. What an adorable card. It hits the top 5 of my favorite cards of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by the Attic. I treasure your visits.