falling snow

Monday, February 16, 2015

Kitty Love


I hope each of you had a wonderful Valentine's Day filled with love and all that makes your heart complete. Dh and I stayed in most of the day tending to some tasks each of us wanted to complete and then ventured out into the cold for a nice dinner in the late afternoon. Once we arrived back at our car, it didn't take long for me to decide I just wanted to head home where it was warm since the north winds were bringing a promised snowstorm Sunday evening. We received about three inches of snow last night and the cold continued today. It was a good day to bake stuffed peppers, read some blog posts, and write one of my own.

This card was made using Penny Black's, "Furry Affection" stamp set and "Heartfelt" dies. I finally decided to try the Distress Markers I've had for quite a while for a beginning attempt at water coloring since that is such a trend right now. I also colored a scrap of water color paper for the die cuts. It was quite relaxing coloring with them and I can imagine stamping several images, spending an afternoon simply coloring. Wouldn't it be great to have images ready for a card and then simply select papers, layout, and embellishments? Might be fun to find out! 

Once I colored the kitty and waited for it to dry, I cut it out and adhered it with dimensional adhesive so it would stand out from the background which was die cut with Simon Says, "Falling Hearts" die. The "Frames" die was used for the outer edge. Each of the background hearts was painted with Wink of Stella as was the "love" sentiment, the heart the kitty is coloring, and the scattered hearts as well. I'm so glad the "WOS" came into my life; no more glitter issues here!



The inside was framed with another "Frames" die cut and the sentiment was added from the "Furry Affection" stamp set. I love this simple sentiment. Sometimes the simplest words are the most profound amongst friends, one of the blessings of knowing each other so well! 


And here's Miss Sleepy Helper Cat, scrunched into her tiny space outside the photo tent. She was reminding me her kitty bed was there first and I was invading her space! Sweet girl...


I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp "All Creatures Great and Small" challenge along with the SSS Flickr Challenge #12, "So Sparkly. "



SO SPARKLY!

Blessings,

Materials:
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White; Archivers Watercolor Paper; PTI Aqua Mist
Stamps: Penny Black "Furry Affection"
Dies: Memory Box: Heart Delights; Simon Says Stamp: Frames; Falling Hearts
    Penny Black: Heartfelt
Other: Wink of Stella Clear; Distress Markers; White Gelly Roll Pen; Marvy LePlume Black Pen;
    Versafine Onyx Black Ink; Zing Clear Embossing Powder

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sally :-) the image is adorable and WOW ! your fussy cutting is amazing ! the whole design of this is fabulous, love how you used the falling hearts and frame dies too ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s, I have a kitty, Mopsy, who could be your Mis Sleepy helper Cat's sister :-) mine helps me in my craft room too, keeps my knees warm ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Your watercoloring is so perfectly done. And that fussy cutting ... even all the whiskers!! And as always, the inside of your card is also wonderfully done. Love that you are playing and enjoying!! I am inspired to get out that frame die and use it more. It adds so much to the inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally, wonderful water coloring, and your fussy cutting...WOW I don't have that kind of patience.

    We got 8 inches of snow last night, so now that the necessaries are taken care of I might get a few cards made. Hoping to get to the post office today...we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely darling card, Sally--love this! Your furry helper is just so beautiful--makes me smile looking at her picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by the Attic. I treasure your visits.